Every e-commerce store owner wants to increase conversion rate and average order value. These are both crucial metrics that everyone should know and track religiously. Making even a slight change in any of these metrics can result in additional revenue for your store. So let’s see how you could leverage a few of these popular and best-performing e-commerce tactics to achieve it. I’m talking about using countdown timers and promoting free shipping across the store to increase urgency and AOV.
Let me present to you a few essential Shopify applications that work seamlessly together and help you to convert more people and make them spend more.
The applications are called Essential Countdown Timer Bar and Essential Free Shipping Bar. Both are available in the Shopify app store, and you can see how much value they are bringing to other Shopify merchants based on all the positive reviews.
Essential Countdown Timer Bar
Essential Countdown Timer Bar is a must-have application for every Shopify merchant. It’s perfect for promoting sales, pre-orders, re-stock, same-day dispatch or anything that can be communicated with a help of a countdown timer. But the best thing is that it creates urgency, encouraging buyers to take action and buy right away instead of postponing the decision for ages and, in the end, never make a purchase.
Essential Countdown Timer Bar offers a bunch of different timer placement options to reach your goals:
- Product page timer. Usually goes right below the add-to-cart button and is perfect for increasing urgency and encouraging buyers to act. Based on various research, it could easily increase the conversion rate by 8-30%, resulting in more sales. Nothing pushes buyers over the edge better than seeing they have a few minutes left to get a discounted product.
- Top-bar countdown timer. Ideal for communicating promotion across the whole store. With the ability to add a CTA button, you can easily drive traffic to your desired page.
- Landing page countdown timer. Use it as a block in any of your stores’ landing pages to communicate about currently happening promotions or discounts.
- Cart page countdown timer. There is no better way to reduce cart abandonment and increase conversion rate than having a countdown timer on your cart page.
Not only that, Essential Countdown Timer also offers a few different countdown timer types:
- Countdown to a specific date. Most common timer type, perfect for pre-orders, promoting any type of sale or communicating how much time is left until a restock.
- Fixed minutes timer. Optimised for increasing urgency. Individual for each buyer and is one of the best ways to encourage impulse purchases.
- Daily recurring timer. Ideal for communicating same-day dispatch or running a one-day flash sale.
Use a few of these countdown timers in the right combination, and you will definitely see a noticeable increase in the conversion rate of your store!
Essential Free Shipping Bar
Once we increase the conversion rate, let’s make sure the buyers we are converting spend more. Average order value (AOV) is one of the main metrics every store owner should track, and Essential Free Shipping Bar is a perfect tool to boost it.
There is countless research on how free shipping increases conversion rate of a store, so there is no doubt that you should offer this option to your customers. Yet something not all store owners know is that having a right cart value threshold could also lead to a higher average order value.
Essential Free Shipping Bar Shopify widget communicates how much your customers have left to spend to get free shipping on their order. Wonderfully designed progress bar paired with an upsell option encourages buyers to add more products to the cart to be eligible for a free shipping.
Essential Free Shipping Bar also comes with a bunch of different placement options:
- Product page free shipping bar. Add it to the product page so your customers know straight away how much they have left to spend to get free shipping. Add an upsell product to push them over the threshold.
- Top-bar free shipping bar. Let your buyers all across the store know what the free shipping threshold is and how much they have to spend to get it.
- Cart page free shipping bar. This one is our favourite! Add it to the top of your cart page together with a few great upsell products to communicate that customers are just a few steps away from free shipping. Upsell product also encourages adding additional products to the cart increasing that sweet average order value.
Both Essential Countdown Timer Bar and Essential Free Shipping Bar are available in the Shopify app store. And as the name implies, these are truly essential Shopify applications that help thousands of merchants to increase conversion rate and boost their average order value. Start experimenting with different promotions and free shipping thresholds to see what works best for your store. You won’t be disappointed!