As eCommerce entrepreneurs, chargebacks and customer disputes are one of the leading causes of business failure. What makes an intelligent business is having the sense to fight them before they even happen.
In this article, we will tell you how to win a dispute on PayPal. One of the PayPal disputes is often called "significantly not as described." this is a common complaint raised by buyers especially when they believe that the item they received significantly differs from the item in the shop listing.
What is Significantly Not As Described (SNAD)?
When a buyer claims that the product they received differs greatly from what the seller described. To avoid misleading the sellers, it would be ideal for sellers to provide the actual photo and description of the item.
As noticed, many merchants don’t know how to stop their unhappy customers from filing disputes however, the great news is that there are some things you can do to protect yourself from these types of disputes and we will provide you the tactical advice on how WIN over it.
How to Void customers disputes “Significantly Not as Described claim according to PayPal’s terms of service:
- The seller precisely described the defect in the item accurately in its description of the item.
- The seller's description of the item was correct, but you (the buyer) didn't want it after you received it.
- The item described did not meet your expectations.
- The item has minor scratches and was described as "used."
How to respond Items not significantly as described?
- Go and log in to your PayPal account.
- On Resolution Center.
- Click “Respond” in the “Action” column next to your claim.
- Select how you would like to respond and click “Continue.”
- After you select an option, please follow the instructions on how to proceed and be sure to include all relevant information.
Documents that should be included in your dispute mediation are as follows:
- Evidence of your product descriptions and pictures of items from multiple angles.
- Evidence of shipping and tracking information.
- Customers' records and the proof that they acknowledge your store return policy
- Proof of Deliver with the buyers/ recipient’s address as shown in the order and signature
How to prevent SNAD from happening?
- Communicate To Your Buyers Quickly. Be sure to include accurate descriptions and pictures of items from multiple angles
- When Purchased is Made. Make sure you ship the item promptly with good packaging. Provide your buyers with Traceable Tracking Information.
- It is important to post customer service contact information, including working hours and response time frames. This allows customers to know when they can expect a response to their inquiry.
- Be clear of your Refund Policy and Shipping Terms.
- Automate the submission of tracking information to your PayPal by using Paltrack. Paltrack saves your time and energy when it comes to protecting your store with PayPal Disputes.
- Set up a PayPal Customer Service Message under the Resolution Center.
The problem is that when a customer files a “Significantly Not As Described” PayPal dispute, PayPal immediately puts a hold on the disputed amount. This can be a huge problem for merchants relying on their PayPal accounts to run their businesses. If you received a complaint related to Significantly Not as Described (SND), simply respond promptly with the relevant details and explanations to address concerns.
To conclude it is important to fasten your online business with PayPal protection mechanisms that help you secure transactions against fraud and allows you to conduct online business confidently. Whether you are struggling with dispute mitigation due to increasing volumes or a lack of understanding of how to ride the wave, there’s a proven method to guarantee a high level of PayPal dispute management success.